Built on our Strengths
- Partner to cultural programmers such as Detroit Irish Music Association, Detroit Irish Radio, the Irish Cultural Forum, Ardan Dance Academy, Irish Genealogical Society of Michigan, Ann McCallum Set Dance, and the Irish Language Circle
- Friends to metro Detroit Irish groups such as United Irish Societies, Michigan Irish Chamber, Fraternal Order of United Irishmen, Society of Irish American Lawyers, and the Emerald Society
- As a face of the historic Corktown neighborhood and good neighbor to Corktown businesses and organizations
- Host to numerous other charitable organizations, churches, and public services
- Supporter of the St. Patrick’s Parade
Strategic Planning Assessment:
- 30,000 visits per year
- Host to ten different cultural programs
- Hundreds of members
- Volunteer-run, with low overhead and many partners
Phase II Goal: $275,000
Phase I Goal: $75,000 COMPLETE
The Emerald Campaign will first bring our historic Michigan Avenue clubhouse to a State of Good Repair.
The Campaign will re-engage members and expand our circle of members and partners, by telling our important story.
We will plan for future phases of improvements in programming and in our assets.
Major donors at $250, $500 & $1,000 levels will be recognized in a new display at the clubhouse
Completed Emerald Campaign Projects
2020 A/V projector & screen in Hall Tankless water heater installed Painted 2nd floor conference room
2021 New boiler—Hall side Replaced damaged water piping New carpet in Lounge & Hall Exterior lights on alley side Painted east exterior wall Repaired parking lot gates Main bar coolers replacement
2022 Bar coolers replaced after power surge Replaced exterior light to parking lot Repair hall HVAC equipment Repair bar HVAC equipment Install new electrical breaker panel/wiring Wabash St. exterior wall: remove stucco, stabilize and repair bricks/openings
2023 New Front entry door Wabash Wall repaired and painted Front porch repaired and cemented Black wrought iron repaired and painted. Lights updated on the side of the building for security
Other Ways to Support the Campaign
Membership in the Irish American Club is only $25 per calendar year. Click here to join via PayPal.
(PayPal will add a $3.00 processing fee for a total charge of $28)